Must Haves for Your Own Luxury Honeymoon in Belize
Your honeymoon is a magical time and one that you will remember for years to come. You’ve chosen to have your luxury honeymoon in Belize and are ready to plan some of the finer details. This handy starter list will help you in your planning, taking into consideration the key components to ensure your honeymoon is what you always dreamed it would be.
Your Belize resort may offer special treats for honeymooning couples, including complimentary wine, chocolates or other special touches. Make sure to mention the reason for your stay when booking your accommodations. Some ideas to up the romance are below:
- Private dinner for two. Dine beachside under the stars at a table just for two with candlelight and your own private server.
- Couples massage. The stress of your wedding is over and it’s time to really relax. Schedule a couples massage from the mobile day spa on the beach or in your villa.
- Sunset sail. Cap off a perfect day in paradise with a sail along the coast of Ambergris Caye at sunset. Lucky guests enjoy dolphins playing off the bow.
- Flowers or gift basket. Surprise your sweetheart with a local flower arrangement or a gift basket of wine, chocolate and cheese.
Go on a Belize Adventure Together
Lucky for you, Belize is an adventure hub and as you start your own new adventure in marriage, make new memories together as a couple. To make this even easier, a resort with an onsite tour partner lets you walk from your suite to the dock to begin your day. Visit our activities page to learn more, here. There are nearly limitless options, but to get you started, here are some traveler favorites:
- Get Scuba Diving certified! Options include a full certification or you can just do an intro course that allows you dive with an instructor for the day. See the world in a whole new way together, under the waves.
- Fly the Great Blue Hole. Plan an aerial tour of Belize’s most iconic landmark with Maya Island Air and have your breath taken away by the sheer beauty as seen from the sky.
- Zip line through the jungle. Zoom through the jungle canopy and get your dose of thrill-seeking for the day.
- Climb a Mayan temple. Visit one of Belize’s many Mayan monuments on the mainland and step into history as you immerse yourselves in the world of the Mayan people.
Planning Your Transfer from Belize to San Pedro & your resort
Reduce the chance of any friction around your travel by pre-planning your transportation logistics. Did you know that Coco Beach Resort will arrange your local airfare from the International Airport in Belize City to Ambergris Caye, for no added fee? Learn more about that, here. Squabbles over logistics are just not what you want to be dealing with on your Belize honeymoon, cross these items off your to-do list and enjoy your trip in newly-wedded bliss:
- Make sure arrival and departure transfers are sorted out ahead of time. Coco Beach Resort is located 3.5 miles North of San Pedro Town, where the island’s only airstrip is.
- Golf cart rental is the island’s most popular method of transportation. For your convenience, you can rent onsite at Coco Beach Resort.
- Consider the local water taxi as well. The public water taxi, the Island Xpress, makes scheduled daily runs up and down the coast.
- For a deep dive into the travel logistics for Belize, visit our handy free guide, here. You’ll find maps, airport info and travel schedules.
Dining at Coco Beach and around Ambergris Caye
Enjoying romantic dinners out, lazy breakfasts and coffee on your veranda and a tasty cocktail at happy hour all help to set the tone for your luxury honeymoon in Belize. Ambergris Caye has a wealth of dining options to choose from. For more on Cocoblanca Restaurant and Coco Café, both located onsite at Coco Beach Resort, visit our dining page by clicking here.
- Dining on site. With an elegant fine dining restaurant, a casual pool bar menu and a breakfast café complete with a variety of coffee drinks, you’ll find variety and convenience without needing to leave your resort at Coco Beach.
- Your villa. With the exception of the Luxury Hotel Rooms, all accommodation choices at Coco Beach Resort have full kitchens, for those days you want to stay in. Room service is also available.
- Restaurants in San Pedro. There is a thriving restaurant and bar scene throughout the island of Ambergris Caye. For a list of the local options, peruse restaurants here.
A Resort That has it all for Your Honeymoon in Belize!
Perhaps the biggest choice is where to stay during your honeymoon. There are lots of considerations and options even within one resort. At Coco Beach Resort, we offer six room types, all with their own stunning views. Check out our accommodation page, here. Some of the main things to think about when choosing your honeymoon resort, below:
- Resort amenities. You want luxury, an attentive staff and fun activities. Bonus amenities like bicycles, complimentary SUP boards and kayaks help balance out your time.
- Location, location, location! Ambergris Caye is narrow and long with the road north paved to just past Coco Beach Resort. Enjoy the quiet of life north of busy San Pedro Town while also being a quick golf cart ride to the action.
- The Honeymoon Casita at Coco Beach Resort is perfectly designed for honeymooning couples to relax in laidback luxury. The bungalow layout includes a king bed with private bathroom, a full kitchen and a living space. Cable TV, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, hair dryer and laptop-sized safe are included. A covered veranda is the perfect place for your morning coffee while the rooftop terrace allows for sunbathing or stargazing.